Virgil W. Earp and his wife, Alvira ("Allie"), lived in his parents' house (Nicholas P. Earp and his step-mother) at what is now 528 West H Street in Colton, California, not far from the campus of Colton High School. The house is still used (by a different family). Nicholas was Justice of the Peace and Virgil ran a small private detective agency. His brother, Morgan S. Earp, who was killed in the Gunfight at the OK Corral, is buried at Hermosa Municipal Cemetery at the corner of Meridian Avenue and C Street. Virgil was the first marshal of the City of Colton when it became incorporated in 1887. The house was one of the first with electric lights. The family would move on but the house still exists. And functions.