Saturday, April 10, 2010

It's NOT ME!!!


You probably remember reading in this 'Blog that the Roy Rogers Museum in Branson, Missouri, shut its doors December 12, 2009. I had the feeling things wouldn't be much different in that part of the country than they would be in the Mojave Desert off old Route 66.

I looked on the 'Net today and saw that some (well-known) auctioneer named Billy Long is auctioning off all Roy and Dale's stuff. I haven't worn a suit to work since I left Vietnam. The only time I lived in Missouri was when I was doing Army basic training at Fort Leonard Wood (not far from Springfield). And I don't own a cowboy hat.

Also, I never use the Billy without the Jack. I never use Billy J. Long because my dad's name was Billy Joe Long and that created all kinds of problems. We were both Billy J. Long and there was no Sr. or Jr. What a mess! (At least George W. Bush has one less initial than his dad!) My friends call me Bill. My family calls me something else but I won't go into that.

The auction is on April 30, 2010. It's kind of sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment